Are you ready to "take the dare?" It's HARD to find the time and the motivation to spend 2-6 hours alone with the Lord. It might even feel ... scary. Oh, but you will be SO glad you did! Here's what you need to know:
Preparation for the Day you Choose:
- Plan a nature walk if you can, as part of your day. Think on where you would go, and make sure it is open to the public.
- Find a quiet space for your Bible Time. Exchange houses with a friend so you won't feel like you have to "work" in your home, or choose to go to your local library. Ask God to show you where this quiet place should be. It certainly CAN be your own home as long as you can ignore the chores and stick with the sweet selah time. 🙂
- Arrange to have children cared for elsewhere, or plan your time for after they are in bed.
- Have a Bible, pen and journal ready for the day.
- If you like music, plan to listen to favorite songs or hymns however you normally listen. What would draw you into worship of the King?
- Write the day on your calendar and keep to it. If an emergency comes up, obviously deal with it, but write a new day on the calendar.
- Spend 2-6 hours alone with the Lord in Sweet Selah time.
- Read our guide on what to study to prepare your heart for Easter.
- Take a picture of yourself or a nature scene or your journal or ... whatever you want ... from the day you chose and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered for our drawing.
- Make sure you include your full name and snail mail address so we can mail you your prize if you win our drawing.
- Consider telling us in advance so you have people praying for you!
- Obviously the real prize is time with Jesus!
- However, we are preparing a special gift for you as well, worth $50. A surprise!
Perfect timing ♥️
I’m planning a Sweet Selah Day on Tuesday, April 6!
Kristi, we will be praying for you on April 6th. May God meet you as you study His Word and spend happy time with Him!
I'm planning on meeting Jesus April 1
Sherry, we will be praying for you on April 1st (tomorrow!) Oh how wonderful to have sweet time just with HIM! May you be blessed. Thanks so much for letting us know, and you are entered in our drawing, too.
I have mine planned for 4/28. And I have challenged a group of 5 ladies I am studying the word with to plan one as well within the next month. Thanks for this tool!
Oh Jessica! SO pleased you shared this and encouraged others to meet with the Lord. SO important in these days to go to HIM for nourishment and instruction from His Word. Bless you!