Start with prayer, a walk in nature, listening to praise music, and/or singing hymns. Simply “be” with the Lord, in one or more of these ways, worshiping and admiring His creation.
Then, settle in for some Bible Time. Grab a journal, a pen and your Bible and read as directed, answering questions in your journal and writing down any thoughts of your own as well.
Bible Reading 1: Isaiah 48-55
- Where do you see Jesus in these chapters?
- Where do you see evidence of God’s Justice, Love, Faithfulness?
- Why do you think Isaiah was allowed to “see ahead” and prophesy about this?
Bible Reading 2: Choose one of these gospel readings of the story of Jesus’s crucifixion and resurrection: Matthew 27-28, Mark 15-16, Luke 23-24, John 19-20
- What did you learn about Jesus from this reading?
- Where do you see prophecy fulfilled?
- What moved you most as you read this passage?
Bible Reading 3: Choose one of these passages that talk about Jesus’ second coming and read it: I Corinthians 15, I Thessalonians 4:13 – 5:11, Revelation 21-22
- Just as Isaiah pointed to Jesus first coming, the passage you just read pointed to His second coming. What did you learn about Jesus from this reading?
- What intrigues you most about His return? What questions do you have?
- End with writing out a prayer to the One who is coming soon.