Are you ready to "take the dare?" It's HARD to find the time and the motivation to spend 2-6 hours alone with the Lord. It might even feel ... scary. Oh, but you will be SO glad you did! Here's what you need to know:
Preparation for the Day you Choose:
- Plan a nature walk if you can, as part of your day. Think on where you would go, and make sure it is open to the public.
- Find a quiet space for your Bible Time. Exchange houses with a friend so you won't feel like you have to "work" in your home, or choose to go to your local library. Ask God to show you where this quiet place should be. It certainly CAN be your own home as long as you can ignore the chores and stick with the sweet selah time. 🙂
- Arrange to have children cared for elsewhere, or plan your time for after they are in bed.
- Have a Bible, pen and journal ready for the day.
- If you like music, plan to listen to favorite songs or hymns however you normally listen. What would draw you into worship of the King?
- Write the day on your calendar and keep to it. If an emergency comes up, obviously deal with it, but write a new day on the calendar.
- Spend 2-6 hours alone with the Lord in Sweet Selah time.
- Read our guide on what to study to prepare your heart for Easter.
- Take a picture of yourself or a nature scene or your journal or ... whatever you want ... from the day you chose and email it to email@example.com to be entered for our drawing.
- Make sure you include your full name and snail mail address so we can mail you your prize if you win our drawing.
- Consider telling us in advance so you have people praying for you!
- Obviously the real prize is time with Jesus!
- However, we are preparing a special gift for you as well, worth $50. A surprise!