Click here for a printable copy of this Dare.
The Dare: Dare to stop the busy. Walk away from the chores, the activities, the constant demands on your time … and meet with God. Just you and Him. Choose a 3-to-6-hour block of time in the month of April and set it aside. Follow our guide—or simply read the Word or good Christian books, and study, write, ponder, and pray on your own. Celebrate Easter by spending time with your Savior.
The Share: Spread the word about this dare by posting a photo of yourself on your #sweetselahday with the hashtag #sweetselahEasterdare. Encourage others to do the same. We’ll draw one name from those who post a picture with the hashtag and send you a free copy of our prayer journal or our Sweet Selah Moments book. Your choice!
Prepare: Here’s how to get the most out of your 3-6 hours with God.
- Get the date on your calendar and make arrangements for pets/children so you are free to go!
- Choose a place where you can be alone: A table at a coffee shop using earbuds … a park … a library … a friend’s home while she’s away … or even your own home—if you can ignore your laundry and focus solely on the Lord.
- Pack a bag. Make sure to have your Bible, a journal, a couple of pens, reading glasses, walking shoes if you choose to walk a bit, some books that point to Christ, maybe even a Bible verse coloring book with markers. Whatever helps you focus on praying and meditating and being with the God who made you.
- Download our guide for the day.
- If you would like our playlist of sweet Easter worship songs, make sure your phone or listening device is charged and ready to download from Spotify. Or, just download the names of the songs and artists and create your own playlist.
- Pray. Ask God to guard and protect your scheduled time. Ask Him to give you ears to hear, eyes to see, and a heart that is open to receive His love and His words to you.
Ready, set … go! Can’t wait to see your pictures and hear your stories.